California Shock Trauma Air Rescue (CALSTAR) is a nonprofit regional air ambulance service. Our mission is to save lives, reduce disability and speed recovery for victims of trauma and illness. CALSTAR has an immediate opening for a full time:
The Aircraft Technician/Mechanic reports to the Senior Mechanic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintains, repairs, and troubleshoots aircraft airframe and engine to ensure aircraft conformance with FAA regulations.
· Troubleshoots and determines malfunctioning parts.
· Recommends part changes or adjustments to aircraft specifications to improve aircraft and or engine performance.
· Documents and maintains paperwork for maintenance according to CALSTAR and FAA regulations and procedures.
· Perform scheduled and nonscheduled inspections on company aircraft.
· Ensures that all maintenance that he/she performs is done in accordance with the CALSTAR Operations Manual and applicable A.A.I.P. or manufacturers manuals and current Federal Aviation Regulations.
· Responsible for identification of aircraft discrepancies and the determination if the discrepancy is or is not within acceptable limits as determined by the manufacturer or other data that is acceptable to the FAA.
· Once a discrepancy has been identified, arrange for parts and notify the Senior Technician or Lead Technician of expected part arrival time and aircraft back in service time.
· Responsible for ensuring that any discrepancy that must be deferred as per the CALSTAR MEL is done so and is monitored as per the guidelines set forth in CALSTAR’s Operations Manual and Minimum Equipment List.
· Performs other duties and functions as directed by the Director of Maintenance or Service Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
This position requires a high school degree, an A&P mechanics certificate, and 2-5 years experience in the field or in a related area. He/she must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. He/she will perform a variety of tasks while under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Reports to the Senior Technician and is responsible to the Lead Technician.
Selected candidate must be able to pass a drug screening process.
May be required to travel to and between remote location(s) in austere environments. May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure. May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft. Physical Demands:
1. Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces up to three (3) hours per day and sit for up to five (5) hours per day. 2. Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs. 3. On occasion must be able to lift 30 pounds. 4. Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders. 5. Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print. 6. Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear. 7. Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depths.
· Successful candidate must be able to pass a drug test.
· Excellent benefits package, Medical, Dental and Vision, Profit Sharing Plan, and Life Insurance. Please send your resume to:
Please submit your resume to our job board at www.calstar.org/careers
Or fax to J. Jensen at 916-921-4067
CALSTAR is an equal employer opportunity
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia
The Maintenance Controller role exists to support the Systems Operations Center (SOC) with maintaining the daily flight status of all fleet aircraft, providing support to deployed aircraft and aircrews, coordinating home-base response to maintenance issues with deployed aircraft, and supporting SOC scheduling and flight following duties.
Aircraft Sheet Metal Fabricator
The Sheet Metal Fabricator builds components for aircraft applications using a variety of sheet metal materials. Some of the key responsibilities include shooting and bucking rivets following FAA guidelines, bending and shaping metal to construct customized aircraft solutions, and making aircraft repairs.
Quality Assurance Inspector
I have an immediate hire for a long-term project for A&P Mechanics for a commercial maintenance group. Please provide us with an updated resume of your experience in commercial maintenance and we will be happy to give you a call.
Page 1 of 5
Advertise your aviation jobs on JSFirm web site
Gain access to 1000's of resumes and receive immediate response to your ads.
Allow our advertising dollars to work for you.
Contact JSfirm at 724-547-6203.
More Info at JSFirm
Job Board Powered by: © JSfirm, LLC
Please note JSfirms Job Board isn't the same as Myaviationschool Job Board - they are run independently
*JSFirm is an independent operation